Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring ....in Singapore?











I always yearn to experience spring. I have not visited this particular season. I did not know what to expect. I hope, one of these days....in my very near future, I will be able to be in this season to visit the breeze, the air, the trees that fashioned their most beautiful "outfit" of the year...


This morning, I was browsing some images in my handphone folder, and I found 1 picture that I took 2 weeks ago. On 12th Mar 09, at around 1.33pm, I drove past one of the street at Tuas (Singapore), and I saw this particular tree that blossomed with pink flowers. There was as if no leaves on that tree, but only flowers on them...it looked so beautiful. I then further discover that along the street of Tuas Avenue 1, there was 1 stretch of trees which has all the flowers on them, some of the trees were with white flowers. They all blossomed alternately between pink and white, and when the wind blew, I saw all the little pink and white flowers dancing to the ground. The scenery at that time was painted like winter too. The flowers were as if snow, falling from the sky. I was a little devasted at that point of time, I did not bring along my camera to take more pics. I had only managed to take the pink one using my camera phone which has a lower resolution.


This morning, I drove past this street again, and the flowers were all fallen off the tree. It marked the new beginning of the tree. It was only 2 weeks. At times, our good times, beautiful moments, or even our joyous moments was just too short. The tree took so many months to blossom into such a beautiful tree. But it only lasted less than a month. At times, a tree also speaks of a person's life. We do have roots, just like trees, in the ground. What we absorb everyday will be transformed to be who we are. During the observation of that stretch of trees which blossomed with little white and pink flowers, I did noticed that there were some trees that was filled with only small portion of flowers, and some part are dried up. I believe it was what the trees fed on, the foundation, and the nutrients that the tree absorb. Same as our life, what we exposed ourselves to, what we listen, whatever we visualised ourselves to be, what we have opened up ourselves towards, will form our philosophy, our beliefs, the way we looked into our own life and the life of others, our way we handled relationship with people.... We are what We "feed" on.....(*Thoughts*...)....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails