Wednesday, April 22, 2009

World Population Counter

Wondering in this world, in this second, how many people has arrived into our home called earth...I was curious to know whether we took into account the no. of people coming and leaving this world, hence I decided to do some surfing on the Internet to check whether is there a counter for our world population. Last year, I did post a link, in my 'Multiply' website on the world population, but to my surprise, the one that I found here, is spelled out even more completely, with the no. of males, females, births, deaths....
It was rather interesting to see the numbers jumping up & down. On the other hand, what took me in surprise was, when I clicked on the Illness & Injury Incidence tab, I saw all the listed major sicknesses. They were in a quite alarming figures. For cancer, it took around 2 - 3 second to see an increase of 1 person. The fastest deceases spread, were the Malaria & Respiratory Infections. Traffic Accidents occur almost every seconds....It's real scary!!
The source of this world population counter was found from : http://www.poodwaddle.com/clocks2.htm . You can also view directly on this counter on the website: http://www.poodwaddle.com/worldclock.swf . I am not sure whether the stats provided in this link are accurate, but to me, it serves as a reminder, to cherish my love ones, and really living my life to the fullest...as I do not know what will happen tomorrow.
Proverbs 27:1 Do not boast about tomorrow, For you do not know what a day may bring forth.

I want to live my life to the fullest and with no regrets, how about you??

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails