Wednesday, June 24, 2009

17th June - 24th June 09 blog....

Have not been uploading pics and writing in my blog over the past 1 week. Well, I guess, I am little held up by the activities - church, family and my job...Thanks for all of you that have been visiting my blog all this while....hmmm....well for this blog, I will be recapping on what I had done for past 1 week...I would not have lotsa pics...I am not very expressive person in words.....but I will try... : )

We had the Lam's Clan gathering at this restaurant over at Little India (Kitchener Road), named Pu Tien restaurant. Almost everybody were there left Uncle LL, as he was away for his business trip, hence, he missed the get together session that night. We had a sumptuous meal that night. Putien is located in the beautiful middle coast of Fujian, China. Putien is well known for its variety of fresh seafood choices, Putien cuisine is rich, yet simple in nature. (more about this restaurant: http://www.putien.com/).


It has been a long time that all of Lam's clan member meet up outside for a good meal. Steve, Mei, Shan & Wern are all back from overseas, hence that night meet up, was like our CNY gathering. We did not have everybody during CNY. I guess, we all had a great time, especially we all tell jokes and funny things we did when we were young to our younger siblings. Shan & Mei had shared a few "classic" one...which Trist & steve had it too. We had a good laugh that night.


17th June:



Supposed to meet up with Lee, Qing, June & Zhen for June's Birthday Celebration at PS, but I din manage to meet them up due to the last min, Family gathering. It was way too late after the dinner. Sorry gals...Anyway, the above pics are some of the food we ordered that night at Putien These few are my recommendation. Quite yummy! Except the Deep Fried pig trotters...I don't like that one.



20th June:
It is our "monthniversary"...don't know whether there is such word..ahha..Din have much celebration after 50 over months of togetherness...it was a Saturday, which is our 'house chores' day too....I was busy helping hubby to pack his things for his trip to Japan. Ironing, and lotsa ironing....I dislike ironing. We then went to get Bobby's new cage, and tray at Jurong Point too. As I planned to stay with my parents when hubby is away. Of coz Bobby needs to come along with me. We cook simple dinner, beef bacon and some sausages and of coz our sweet sweet dessert... Will show you guys more of the pics when we realised our "Dream"!!
21st June:
After church, we went to Causeway point to grab a bite. We went for Sushi at Sakae Sushi...I don't really like Sakae, but I prefer 'Sushi Tei'. As they provide fresher food and also better in their presentation. I think Sakae Sushi was our school days Jap restaurant. When I started working, my first visit to Sushi Tei at Holland V, already make me a regular customer for Jap food at their restaurant. The branch over at Vivo is also quite good. Spacious and cozy.


Hmmmmm.....It's father's day!! We did not really celebrate it. I don't know why, it seems like nobody is celebrating Father's day. As usual, kisses and hugs for my daddy...we had simple dinner together at home and we then went out for ice cream with Uncle L and his family. We went to Haato - follow your heart (http://www.haato.com.sg/).

About Them: (from www.haato.com.sg)
Haato is a unique brand of gelato manufactured in Singapore created from traditional recipes from Japan. It is one of the first gelato counters in Singapore to offer gelato that is free from artificial colouring and preservatives. Our flagship outlet (formerly known as Gelato di Crema) at Liang Court Shopping Centre has been serving gelato for more than 16 years and continues to earn rave reviews from people all over the world.Haato is perfect for any occasion. A premium quality treat to be shared with friends and loved ones.From our heart to yours.

Comments:
I like the setting of the ice cream cafe. The moment I walked in, I felt that the place is very homely, maybe it is located in a condominium, Ridgewood condo. It still remain accessible to the public. The cafe goes for simplicity but yet brings out the cosy feeling in that cafe with some sofas in the cafe itself. The shop welcome big crowds. You will notice it by the setting over at the entrance. They have quite a few squarish tables that can easily combine them to form long tables, and has lotsa chairs to accomodate big groups like us. They even have mini -"minds cafe" concept. They have a cupboard, full of games like taboo, jenga etc for people to pick up and play while they are enjoying their ice cream. This is very welcoming. The ice cream at haato is good, love the Green tea mixed with red bean flavoured. There are quite a no. of patrons coming for the take away. I believe they were the resident around the place, as I noticed there were alot of condos around. It is quite secluded (its pretty far to walk from the busstop) You really need to drive to have the ice cream there, or maybe their concept is really for the resident around the cafe?? Even though it is far, it just adds to the charm of the place. If you are up for some chill dessert or thinking of pampering yourself after a long day, this is the place for you. Well, personally, I still prefer the ice cream over at "Island Creamery".



The Ambience:
Island Creamery is located at Serene Centre, which I did not visit that place alot when I stayed in Bukit Timah years ago, This ice cream cafe is constantly visited by the young at heart and of coz physically lar...hehehe someone like me lar. I will always experience 'floods' in my every visit to the cafe with youth, youth, and more youth especially the tertiary students, mostly the Hwa Chongs. Almost every visits makes me younger. Hehehe...There is so much life and energetic people there which I dream of having this kinda crowd in my future cafe restaurant.
The things that catch my attention were also the galss serving at the ice cream counter, they are all cute and bubbly, no wonder so many guys are there for ice cream. From what I know the owner is named Uncle Stanley, He will always be busy around the shop too. I am impressed of his idea in creating ice cream with local flavoured delights!! I like the "teh tarik" and "chendol" flavour the best.

The Ice Cream Flavours:
Chendol, Horlicks, Tiger Beer, Bandung, Burnt Caramel, Black Forest, Apple Crumble, Reverse-O and Cookies & Cream are some of the usual flavours. Whenever I taste their chendol Ice cream, it reminds me of my dad treats to ice cream every weekend after our swim!! I will normally take the Chendol or the red bean Stick Ice cream. For Ice Creamery, I normally heart for the Chendol & Teh Tarik. I enjoy the Yummy experience in Ice Creamery. Uncle Stanley, thanks for creating our favourite local delights flavoured ice cream!!



22nd June:
Sent hubby off to Airport early in the morning, as he had checked in online on Saturday. He did not need to go through the hassle of queuing up to check in. PhewwW...the Q was quite long. We had breakfast together. Seal each other with a kiss before he went in to the departure hall.
Hubby and I din manage to celebrate our anniversary, as he was busy preparing himself for the trip....sob sob....well...we actually celebrated earlier, which I din blog about it....We just didn't celebrate it on the actual day. But one thing that we know for sure is that, our love grows tremendously over this 1 year. We both improved in loving each other more, especially in the areas of communication, meeting needs of each other. Hubby, I will continue to do my best to be a good wife, your best friend, and soul mate..I miss you badly. Hope you have a fruitful trip and a good time with your Jap colleagues there...Thanks for your sweet call every night and of coz all ur pics that you taken over there to update me on your visits...see you real soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails